SHADE OKOYA LADY OF THE MANOR



There has been a noticeable shift in direction at the Eleganza Industries since the delectable, fashion-forward Shade, wife of its founder, Chief Rasak Okoya took over the reins as Managing Director. A proof to that fact are the new products being churned out of Eleganza, most popular being the colourful travel luggages and fancy styled chairs. Glam and Essence interviewed Shade to discuss the new focus of the company she now oversees and how she is repositioning it for greater height.





E
 You lost your grandmother recently, how did her death affect you?
She died at the age of 112, and she lived a good life and I’m happy and thankful to God for a life well spent.
It’s said that you were very close to your Grandma; did she influence your life in any special way?
I was really close to my grandma, she took  care of me from when I was born, just the same thing my mum is doing for my children now. I’ll miss her greatly.
You celebrated her in a big way after her burial, was there a special reason?
She died at a very ripe age, so she was worth celebrating. She lived long because of the care and love she got when she was alive. I thank God for making her stay that long and I pray to God to grant me such wonderful long life as well.
What does it feel like being the wife of the famous Alhaji Rasak Okoya?
I feel privileged and honored
Knowing that you were marrying into a polygamous family, what helped you manage that side of your marriage?
I’ll say God and determination to succeed.


What are some of the challenges of being a member of a very large family like the Okoyas and how have you been able to hold your own place among the family? 
I have no challenges, as I have been able to present myself in a respectable manner, acceptable to everybody.
What is the secret behind your successful marriage to Alhaji Okoya?
I’ll say God has been very kind and good to me, as well as the fact that my husband is very caring, loving and amiable. He made me to be hard working and to be focused. There is never a dull moment with him.
It is obvious you have a strong bond with your husband, how have you been able to keep your relationship strong?
I glued myself to my husband to learn more from his wealth of manufacturing experiences, because he is caring, loving and ready to teach. He brought out the best in me, and all these propelled me to be more steadfast in my marriage.
How do you cope with being a successful entrepreneur, a wife and a mum?
I love what I do as an Industrialist and they made me successful. The exciting part of being a wife and mum is being loved by your husband and children. Having a happy home makes any woman fulfilled.
You look quite young to have kids who are quite grown up already, how does that make you feel?
As a mother I feel very excited, the joy of being a mother is priceless.

The business world can be harsh most times, so take us through the evolution of Eleganza under your Management?
Since I assumed the office of the M.D of Eleganza Industrial City, I have repositioned the company positively. Eleganza Industries Limited had suffered a major setback in the past, but as my husband, Chief Rasak Okoya has a passion for the industry, the company came on board again, bigger and better as Eleganza Industrial City Limited and the new direction is moving towards being a foremost producer of Chairs, Tables, Coolers, Baby Diapers, Sanitary Pads, Luggages, Pet Bottles, Soaps, spanning over not just West African countries, but its products will also be exported all over the world.
Many are quite amazed at how you have become an important factor in building your husband’s businesses. What would you say prepared you for the role you play as MD of the Eleganza Group?
I guess it’s my determination to excel and the fact that I’m focused.
One big trend coming from your stable are the colourful travel trolley luggages. What inspired their production?
My vision is to build a strong and standard Eleganza, to have its products everywhere nationwide including the neighboring countries. Luggage is just one aspect of it ; our luggage is produced to last long and they are strong enough to withstand the pressure of loads and handling when traveling.
Are you delving into anything new at Eleganza this 2016?
Repositioning is key to the new Eleganza. We are rolling out new lines of products in addition to those we have before. We are now bigger, stronger and better with high quality products. We have a lot that we have introduced into the market within a short period of 2 years and we still have many more coming out. Part of our products include Chairs, Tables, Coolers, Luggage’s, Hair Threads, Baby Daipers, Lady Sanitary Pads, Re-useable & Disposable plastic cups & plates, Beauty Soap & Cosmetics and Powder. Coating line is about to be launched, as well as our perfume bottle and caps.
You rank among the top style icons now, what is the key to your style and your favorite fashion pieces?  
I travel a lot and I love good designers that put details into their finishing, I wear everything good and I love it when people ask what brand name I am wearing. There are so many good designers I like and I just can’t start mentioning names. I love to be comfortable in whatever I wear.
Your love for fashion makes many wonder if you have plans to go into the fashion industry in the future, do you?
No, I have a lot of work that I am doing at the new Eleganza Industrial City Limited, but never say never. Daily management and planning involves a lot now to ensure we get our desired goals and targets that we actually set out to achieve.
My husband actually started Eleganza back then with imitation jewelry before moving into production of plastic household items. History might actually repeat itself with me having to add the feminine touch and modern day design to meet our everyday need for women at very affordable prices. If I have to go into the clothing line in future, it will also follow the trend of mass production with good quality/good prices similar to international companies like H&M, Zara, Top Shop etc. similar to what we see in Europe, which cuts across all ages and sex.
Eleganza Industrial City Ltd., has the capacity and investment under my able supervision to do all this and much more.

You have a relaxed look; never overdone. What is the secret to this sleek look?
A good and happy family.
You also have a strong flair for bold jewelry and your pieces look fabulous and unique. Are they custom-made for you?
Most of my jewelry are custom made for me.
I design and tell them to make it for me.

Do you have any health routine or form of exercise you do that has helped you keep your trim figure?
I eat right and don’t compromise on what I take in. I do not do any exercise at the moment because presently, my job entails alot, that alone will make anybody have a trim figure.
Who would you say is a major influence in your life and why?
My Husband.
How do you unwind?
Spending quality time with my husband and kids.
Young ladies see you as their style icon and inspiration, what would you say to them to help them with their style and image?
My advice to them is that they have to be focused, determined and sincere in whatever they do in life. Everything is possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lovely African Head wraps !!!

10 OUTFIT IDEAS FOR A SATURDAY NIGHT OUT----watch video for some casuals