Yemi Alade talks about her personal style !!!




Yemi Alade --  is one of the most fashionable female musician and has over the years carved out her own style which has won her many admirers.
In a recent interview, Yemi Alade talks about her personal style, her fashion faux pas, her love for wearing shorts and more.
Read excerpts from her chat below:
On her style and African identity:
When it comes to hairstyle, this is what I know. I don’t know how to take care of weaves and hair extensions. If a stylist isn’t there, my hair would turn out horrible, I would look like somebody who just got hit by a car. I may have everything I need to make the hair look good but once I am the one doing it, it can never work. I decided to go natural and since then, I am fine. I sleep and wake up and just do a bit of touch up and I am fine. It suits me and I love it.
On why she dresses African:
I started acquiring African wear about four years ago.  I never had any African outfit. When I started this career and I needed to explore, I found out that most of the western clothes are basic. With Ankara, you can find varieties in patterns. I decided to go for creativity. I wanted to create my stuff. That was how the love for ankara started. It has worked for me all this while. It is actually entertaining me. Maybe if I get bored, I might look for another style. But I doubt it; Ankara is a very lovely fabric.
On her fashion faux pas


I don’t trust myself. I can wear anything. But you cannot catch me in my birthday suit. There is no way you will see me 100 per cent naked. That will be too much. Nonetheless, expect anything with Yemi Alade


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lovely African Head wraps !!!

10 OUTFIT IDEAS FOR A SATURDAY NIGHT OUT----watch video for some casuals